Tuesday, October 14, 2008

013; Recap of the day.

Tuesday, October 14th, 2008.
Tech. center.
Relaxing.

So we raided the shopping plaza today. Just Josh, Izzy, and I. We didn't let anyone else come.

I don't think being scared even comes close to covering how I've felt these past days. It's a good thing I'm exhausted by the end of everyday or I'd never get any sleep.

We had to kill the school janitor when we first took over the old highschool, Mr. Gary came out of the bathrooms while we were checking out all the rooms. And then we found Izzy's older brother on the highway.

Antonio was never the best of drivers. Apparently he lost control, his car hit another then the zombies broke through his glass. Raquel recognized his car and went ahead to check (and we all had to rush after her). We found him already turned and unable to unbuckle the seat belt. Josh had to shoot him.

There were others we killed along the way, but we had to be careful, there wasn't much in the way of ammunition.

When we went out on the raid today we left all the adults armed and on watch while Raquel and Janine (henceforth known as Elmo) watched over Sammeh and Kaylen.

We took a jeep that had been left behind and filled it up when we were sure there was no one around the station. The town we're at was pretty unpopulated. There was the base, a mall, and a grocery store plaza. The homes were further out in the really suburban areas.

Anyways, Izzy drove, Josh kept a look out (armed) while sitting, and I stood in the back with a sniper rifle. Like I know how to use a fucking sniper. Really now.

Necessity does things though. I hit one of them on the third try. Practice will be needed. Or next time I'll just look out from the seat and Josh can do the sniper work.

We killed two on the way to the shopping plaza. Then three at the plaza. We loaded up on canned goods, water, and lots of cereal. We took lots of the sweets that would go bad if they weren't eaten soon. We still need sweets if we can get them.

I've decided that the next time we do a raid (hopefully tomorrow) we need to check out the mall. The mall is bound to have plenty of supplies and we'll need clothes.

Hopefully, since the attack first started at night, the mall would have been closed down. We may have to take care of some security guards but it should be relatively clear.

I'm going to bed now. I don't have watch tonight, I should get some sleep.

Stay safe.

-00Ballistic

No comments: